Saturday, March 8, 2014

Top 10 Beauty Products!


Hey hello there beautiful. I finally got the time to take proper photos, edit them and write this blog post. But first you could take the time to visit my main blog at http://pink-comics.blogspot.sg!! Haha thank you. 

Since it's my first blogpost here, I shall tell you a little bit about myself. Actually you can just read the right column. But anyway I used to do beauty blogging back in 2012, then I stopped for a while, and now I'm back here again! I am a big fan of Korean beauty and if you love 'em too then yup, read on!

Okay straight to the topic.. My 10 favourite products for the 1st quarter of 2014! No swatches will be done (cuz I wanna do it in a separate full review post) in this post. If you've any requests on reviews you can tweet/FB PM/email me, whichever is good for you!

**All prices quoted are from Etude House retail stores. It will be much cheaper online but I prefer retail stores because I can try out the samples!**

1&2) BB Cushion


Yerp, you've seen it, you've heard it. If you've been following the Korean Beauty trend then this is a must have of all K-Beauty fans! Btw I put it under 1 and 2 cuz' its the same product from different stores. The left one is from Etude House and the right one is from Innisfree! Both works the same but its usage depends on the weather! Because the Etude House one feels a tad bit heavier on the skin, I tend to use it only when the weather is not so hot (Singapore has summer all year round) so I would not sweat too much and mess it all up then feel sticky, gooey etc. The Innisfree one on the other hand feels lighter and smells like.... herbs. Both have SPF50+/PA+++ so yup, great for outdoors~ Price range.... Both costs about the same! I got my Etude house on one in a bundle (Case + Cushion + Refill) for SGD$42 and the Innisfree one I can't remember cuz I got it in China. If you're a frequent Korea visitor, then just get it from there cuz it's much cheaper. But then again, if I were in Korea, I would have gotten the better ones from Laneige and Iope!

3) Etude House CC Cream in Glow


This one comes in another one called "silky" which gives you a baby-like smooth matte finish. However I am a super big fan of dewy skin so I went for the glow one! It does really gives you a glowy, dewy finish. So much love! I use this alone usually on normal days when I'm going to school/work. Just this alone (plus concealer) will give you a healthy glowing face already! But I think the price is a bit high for the amount of product. SGD$25.90 for 35g of product.

4) Etude House Nymph Aura Volumer


As a big fan of dewy skin, this is a must have! It helps to achieve an even glowier in addition to what the CC cream can do. I usually mix this with the CC Cream! It gives you a glowy skin finish but at the same time not too oily-looking! I got this on a 50% sale so its around SGD$16++ close to SGD$17.

5) THEFACESHOP Dual Concealer


This one comes in both stick and liquid form! I got this online for around SGD$11.00 registered mailed. I am not very sure about the prices in retail stores though. Hardly patronise TFS these days since Kim Hyun Joong is out of the picture already T_T. I got this in the lightest shad (NB 17) and because I was afraid that the normal shade (even tho I have the normal skin tone) will enhance my dark circles even more. At first I thought it would be too light for me, but it worked out just fine! This one never creases or sink into fine lines unlike the other cream concealers and does its' job without feel in heavy at all! Happy with it =))

6) Etude House Collagen Moistfull Enriched Cream


Not a big fan of moisturisers at all but I got this during my China trip when my face was wayyyy to dry and the moisturisers I brought were useless. And I've been using it a lot since then (as you can already see...) It gives you a natural dewy look from the inside of your skin together with moisturised bouncy skin! In love with the smell and most importantly it does its' job =)) It retails for SGD$38.90 for this, but if you have normal skin, you can get the normal one (means its not enriched) at SGD$32.90 from stores!

7) Eco Windy Lip Scrub

Sadly I cannot find this in Singapore stores. Someone tell me if you do. The only lip scrub I can find in Innisfree here is the non-green tea one :( I know I can get it online but my mails always gets lost so I am quite against online shopping. I got this back in China's Innisfree. The number of Innisfree stores in China is like the number of Etude Houses here in Singapore.... and the number of Etude Houses there is like the number of Innisfrees here in Singapore.. I love this lip scrub a lot because it not only does its' job (scrubbing and removing dead skin), brightens the natural lip colour, and..... its delicious!!!! Previously, I was using the Etude House's lip scrub which smells like heaven but it tastes wayyyyy too bitter. This one tastes like.. Pokka Green Tea.

8) Etude House Lip Balm

Probably the only lip balm that I'm gonna finish using! Because this is is colourless and has no smell, I can use it whenever I want! Lip balms with smells often leaves me with bad headaches because I am very sensitive to smells. They have 3 other flavours in this series and I own one of the coloured and smell-full ones, but I still prefer this because its smell-less! Moisturises your lips especially when I was back in China, I literally applied this every 30 mins because it is that dry in the winter. SGD$9 from stores!

9) Etude House Dear Girls Lip Tint


I haven't seen any lip tint in the K-Beauty industry that works better than this! It does not feel heavy/sticky at all. You know when you use pen ink and draw on your skin, then it doesn't come off easily even if you've tried to erased it? Exactly the same concept! Does not transfer whatsoever too. Only disappears if you're having a heavy meal. And its the secret to the Korean gradient lips without going through the hassle of applying concealer, base colour etc.! It looks like blood but it definitely comes off the way you want it to be. I have quite dark lips but this still is quite noticeable even on my dark lips with no lip concealer. On the other side is a lip balm which I do not frequently use. Oh I have one in pink tint too, but not opened yet. SGD$15 from stores!

10) Etude House Colour POP Lip Tint


I got this just 2 days ago but in love with it already because its bright coloured and noticeable! I got mine in Sunny Pop (a bright orange colour). Compared to the other pink tints, this is so much more noticeable. It feels a little bit sticky but definitely does not sink into the lines on your lips whereas the Dear Girls one sometimes does. No need for lip balms, it does the moisturising job. But it doesn't last as long as I'd like it to be =(( By the way orange lips makes you look fairer! So yup, try investing in an orange lip product. They have a few other colours in this line, but I am currently satisfied with this colour already (: SGD$17.90 from stores, but I only paid $4.90 yesterday cuz I redeemed all my points.

That's all I have for now! Do feel free to contact me either by FB/ Twitter/ Email for any full review requests, or I will do a review of any product I have when I have the time! 

Hoped this post helped you girls in one way or another! 

Till next time, x.

No comments:

Post a Comment